How to Apply For an Illinois License
RN Licensure by Endorsement – New License
- Complete the RN Licensure by Endorsement application online:
Application fee - $75.00 (includes application and temporary license fee)
- A temporary permit is valid for 6 months. You MUST complete all steps of obtaining permanent licensure to ensure that the temporary license does not lapse.
- Background Check
- Proof of fingerprint submission is required. You will need to submit a transaction control number (TCN) on the application. You must start the fingerprint process before applying for the license.
- Verification of Licensure
- Submit verification of original state licensure.
- Submit verification of all current active RN and LPN licenses.
- Submit verification from all states practiced within 5 years (current or expired). LPN verification needed only if not licensed as an RN in that state.
- Verification of Employment
- Must be sent to the Board directly from your employer. This is necessary in order to receive permanent licensure.
- Official Transcripts
- Must be sent to the Board directly from your nursing school. This is necessary in order to receive permanent licensure.
Restore your Illinois License
Contact the Board at 800-560-6420 to request an application to restore your Illinois license and obtain further instructions. Fees and required documentation may vary based upon expiration.
You will be reimbursed within 4-6 weeks upon proof of payment.
Reimbursement and expenses paid includes the application fee, license verification and background check fees. Fastaff will not pay for postage, transcripts or coursework fees.
If you have never completed an assignment with Fastaff or U.S. Nursing, you must provide a W-9 form with your receipt to be reimbursed. Send proof of online payment to a strike recruiter or email email@example.com