You dedicate much of your time and energy to your patients and profession. While nothing can truly repay you for the daily treatment and care you provide, we're committed to rewarding you with the highest pay in the industry. Check out these tips for managing the extra money in your pocket and making the most of it.
- Find a financial advisor to help with your taxes. Because there are different tax regulations in different states, working with a financial advisor can help with some of the complexities specific to travel nurses. It may involve a slight investment upfront, but there are almost always additional ways to help save money, including identifying possible refunds for which you're eligible.
- Are you paying off student loan debts? You’re not alone. According to nurse.com, 70% of nurses reported graduating with debt. Pay them down as soon as possible to avoid compounded interest.
- When shopping online, use browser extensions like Price Blink that will take what you're looking at, search the net and find places that have the same product available at a lower price.
- Remember that your time off of an assignment is as valuable as your time working. Why not try something new or travel in between assignments? Check out U.S. News & World Report's list of the best affordable destinations in the U.S. for a little inspiration.
- Treat yourself as well as you treat your patients. With a travel nurse’s salary, your dream car or luxurious new home is within reach. Rewarding yourself can help to reinvigorate your passion for nursing, which will lead to bigger and better opportunities.
- Like everything else, coupons have also moved into the 21st century. While playing it old-school and clipping them from newspapers and magazines is still effective, check out websites like Coupons.com and The Coupon Clippers for printable deals.
- Take advantage of holiday bonuses and referral programs to give your income an extra bump.
- Though it's not required on assignment, you may want to rent a car. Fastaff offers significant car rental discounts to our travel nurses. You can even use the discount codes in between assignments.
You deserve time off for all you do. Keep that in mind, and never forget to treat yourself.