company | Our brands
(800) 736-8773 | Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm MT
Health experts suggest and they'll tell you not to wear the same shoes every day, but to alternate between several pairs of well-fitted footwear throughout the week. Rotating your footwear ensures your feet and spine don't become misaligned from wearing over time.
Whether you're new to the travel nursing world or in need of more trusty footwear, here are our top picks for the most comfortable shoes for nurses approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association.
Choosing the Most Comfortable Shoes for Nurses
What Should You Look for in a Comfortable Nursing Shoe?
ample toe box space
high enough arch support
solid materials that will resist biohazard and prevent needle stick
1. DanskoConsidered one of the top brands for nurses, Dansko offers firm support and a long lasting arch--two essentials for travel nurses that spend time on their feet all day. Another benefit is the lack of pressure you'll feel on your toes after standing because the toe box is nice and wide. Whether you want your shoes to follow suit with your scrubs or stand out, Dansko footwear is available in a color to suit every nurse's taste.
2. AlegriaAnother favorite for travel nurses is the Alegria clog. The outsole of this shoe is engineered to reduce heel and central metatarsal pressure while the bottom is flat, to increase your overall stability. Being on your feet all day can make you feel hot, but the Alegria shoe never feels tight or constricted allowing for an "airy fit." If you have narrow or medium width feet, try these for cozy, all day wear. If you like a little style to your step, you can also check out their buckle strap and print selections.
3. Timberland ProThis shoe spells heavy duty, all day wear. Timberland designed their "anti-fatigue" nursing footwear with a 12 hour swing in mind to keep you energized. Nurses love the antimicrobial Antiogon treatment the shoes receive as well to help combat odor after wearing for extended hours. Whether you like a covered heel or a comfort safety strap, the slip on is available in two versions.
4. Nurse MatesHow could you not want to slip your foot into a shoe that offers a "pillowtop footbed"? In addition to offering a clog-style shoe, Nurse Mates features a myriad of styles with straps, heels and even a "boating" style nursing shoe. Some nurses prefer the lace up feeling similar to an athletic shoe that this brand offers as well.
5. CrocsCrocs are one of the most odor resistant, light weight footwear choices out there for nurses. The classic Croc original is much lighter than the others we've mentioned and dons air filtration in the sides to help vent your feet throughout the day. If you want to take advantage of the light weight design, but clogs aren't your thing--check out their Grace Flat.