Current Respiratory Therapist Travel Nurse Jobs
Travel Respiratory Therapist Job
We are seeking experienced and self-motivated travel respiratory therapists to join our growing team of healthcare professionals.
Respiratory Therapist Qualifications:
- Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree in Respiratory Therapy
- Current and Active state licensure; Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Minimum of 1 year of Respiratory Therapy experience within the past two years
- BLS or other required credentials as designated by health care organization.
Respiratory Therapist Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess, treat, and care for patients with breathing disorders
- Assume primary responsibility for all respiratory care modalities, which includes maximizing patient's pulmonary function; alleviating pain; planning and administering medically prescribed respiratory therapy
- Meets patient's goals and needs and provides quality care by conducting pulmonary function tests; assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and supports life by administering inhalants; operating mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments; assisting with breathing exercises; monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes.
- Evaluates effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Educates patients on disease prevention and lung health, on the use of inhalers, inhalation devices and other treatment regimen as appropriate.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
First To Serve, Ahead Of The Curve
Fastaff understands that travel respiratory therapy is more than a job; it’s a calling. As the leading Rapid Response® staffing agency, Fastaff Travel Nursing can offer you exclusive positions with the highest pay in the industry. In addition to partnering with prestigious facilities, our healthcare professionals enjoy 48-hour work weeks and flexible-length assignments.
New jobs arrive daily, so check back frequently or sign-up to receive job notices. We can match you to a job with a true purpose.
|Job Title||Specialty||Location||Estimated Weekly Total||Start Date|
|Travel Respiratory Therapist Night Shift Job - 118914||
Fastaff jobs open fast and fill fast. If a job is listed as “Recently Filled,” it means the position is no longer available. Apply today to be contacted when a similar job becomes available, or call us at 1-888-969-9215 to speak with a recruiter. You can also check this job board frequently for new “Available” jobs that open daily.