Current Hemodialysis Tech Travel Nurse Jobs
Hemodialysis Tech Travel Jobs
We are seeking experienced and self-motivated travel hemodialysis technicians to join our growing team of healthcare professionals.
Hemodialysis Tech Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or equivalent and approved dialysis training program
- Minimum of one year experience as a Dialysis Technician
- Current BLS
- Current Certification in nephrology technology, as required by client facility;
- Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) granted by the Nephrology
- Nursing Certification Commission;
- Current certification as a Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) granted by the Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology
- Current certification as a Clinical Nephrology Technologist (CCNT) granted by the National Nephrology Certification Organization.
Hemodialysis Tech Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares dialysate according to established procedures and the dialysis prescription
- Assembles and prepares the dialysis extracorporeal circuit according to protocol and dialysis prescription.
- Tests monitors and machine functions, including alarms, conductivity and temperature. Sets monitors and alarms according to unit and manufacturer protocols.
- Obtains and documents pre-dialysis vital signs, weight, and temperature.
- Inspects a patient's dialysis access; initiates dialysis according to unit protocol and patient prescription.
- Documents treatment parameters and communicates patient condition and issues to Registered Nurse.
- Administers anticoagulant according to unit protocols and prescription.
- Measures and adjusts blood flow rates according to established protocols and prescription.
- Calculates and adjusts fluid removal rates according to established protocols and prescription.
- Monitors patients and equipment, responds to alarms, and readjusts treatment parameters as defined by established protocols and individual patient requirements.
- Responds appropriately to dialysis-related emergencies such as hypotensive episodes, needle displacement or infiltration, clotting episodes, blood leaks, air emboli, etc. Initiates cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in the event of a cardiac arrest.
- Discontinues dialysis and establishes hemostasis following unit protocol. Inspects, cleans, and dresses access according to unit protocol.
- Obtains and records post-dialysis vital signs, temperature, and weight.
- Discards dialysis supplies and sanitizes equipment according to manufacturer and unit protocol.
- Maintains professional conduct, good communication skills, and confidentiality in the care of patients. Participates in the multidisciplinary process.
First To Serve, Ahead Of The Curve
Fastaff understands that travel nursing is more than a job; it’s a calling. As the leading Rapid Response® nurse staffing agency, Fastaff Travel Nursing can offer you exclusive positions with the highest pay in the industry. In addition to partnering with prestigious facilities, our nurses enjoy 48-hour work weeks and flexible-length assignments.
New jobs arrive daily, so check back frequently or sign-up to receive job notices. We can match you to a job with a true purpose.