Current Surgical Tech Travel Nurse Jobs
Travel Surgical Tech Job
We are seeking experienced and self-motivated travel surgical technicians to join our growing team of healthcare professionals.
Surgical Tech Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Graduation from an accredited surgical technologist training program or equivalent.
- Certification eligible.
- Evidence of BLS (AHA Certification).
- Evidence of one year of perioperative nursing experience within the past two years.
- Possesses thorough working knowledge of anatomy, physiology, instruments, suture material, power and specialty equipment, drug and supply terminology.
Surgical Tech Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of passing instruments, sutures and other supplies in any and all surgical specialties.
- Knowledge of identification of surgical instruments, their care, storage, and sterilization.
- Knowledge base of basic Operating Room equipment.
- Keeps informed of changes in practice, attends inservices.
- Maintains and controls all surgical equipment and supplies, does routine inventory while monitoring expiration dates and recommends procurement of equipment and supplies for various specialties.
- Safely operates steam and gas autoclaves, mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Gathers appropriate equipment, supplies and instruments, checks equipment for safety and suctioning and opens sterile supplies.
- Assists in the preparation of the operative site and assists with the proper and safe positioning of the patient on the operating table.
- Assists the surgical team with the donning of surgical gowns, self gowns, set up of sterile field, assists with draping the patient and accounts for all surgical items used on the sterile field.
- Passes instruments, sutures and supplies to operative team for all surgical specialties.
- Safely breaks down the contaminated set up after completion of the case in a manner that prevents the spread of contamination.
- Assists in the transport of the patient both to and from the operating room.
- The Surgical Technician may not provide patient services that require the skill of a licensed nurse.
The Nation Needs Your Help
New jobs arrive daily, so check back frequently or sign-up to receive job notices. We can match you to a job with a true purpose.