Current Respiratory Therapist Travel Nurse Jobs
Travel Respiratory Therapist Job
We are seeking experienced and self-motivated travel respiratory therapists to join our growing team of healthcare professionals.
Respiratory Therapist Qualifications:
- Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree in Respiratory Therapy
- Current and Active state licensure; Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Minimum of 1 year of Respiratory Therapy experience within the past two years
- BLS or other required credentials as designated by health care organization.
Respiratory Therapist Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess, treat, and care for patients with breathing disorders
- Assume primary responsibility for all respiratory care modalities, which includes maximizing patient's pulmonary function; alleviating pain; planning and administering medically prescribed respiratory therapy
- Meets patient's goals and needs and provides quality care by conducting pulmonary function tests; assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and supports life by administering inhalants; operating mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments; assisting with breathing exercises; monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes.
- Evaluates effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Educates patients on disease prevention and lung health, on the use of inhalers, inhalation devices and other treatment regimen as appropriate.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
The Nation Needs Your Help
New jobs arrive daily, so check back frequently or sign-up to receive job notices. We can match you to a job with a true purpose.
***Due to the large need for nurses and allied professionals during the coronavirus outbreak, many of the nursing jobs listed below have flexible start dates and assignment lengths. Even if you are unable to start on the designated Start Date, please apply and discuss your availability with a Fastaff recruiter. ***