- Location: Bronx, NY
- Start DateDecember 17, 2018
- Length: 13 weeks
- Hours48 hours per week
- Hourly Rate$62 ($93.00 OT)
- Weekly Pay: $3,224
The Projected Weekly Pay is based on a travel nurse working the stated number of hours listed here during the week. The weekly pay a nurse receives is calculated by multiplying the nurse’s hourly rate of pay by the number of hours the nurse works and will include overtime premiums, paid at a minimum of 1.5x the nurse’s hourly rate, for all overtime hours worked.
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Travel Registered Nurse Job
As a pediatric intensive care unit RN, you will be responsible for managing the care of infant, toddler, preschool, school age or adolescent patients experiencing severe and often life-threatening problems requiring moderately complex assessment, moderately intensive therapies and interventions, and moderate levels of nursing vigilance.
PICU RN Qualifications:
- Active RN license in specified state
- RN degree from an accredited registered nurse program
- BLS, and PALS credentials (certifications may vary by location)
- One year of recent experience as an RN in a pediatric intensive care unit environment and two years of RN experience
PICU Registered Nurse Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the care of pediatric patients experiencing life-threatening problems that require complex assessment, high intensity therapies, and interventions
- Provide respiratory and ventilator management for pediatric patients
- Support and educate patients and families
Benefits of Being a Fastaff® Travel Nursing Employee
- Premium pay
- Prestigious facilities
- Flexible scheduling
- Immediate access to the industry’s best RN recruiters and healthcare facilities
- Fastaff will provide costs for housing during the length of your assignment, as well as airfare or mileage to and from the city of the assignment at the start and end of the assignment.
- Group health insurance benefits
- $10,000 Company-paid Life/ADD Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
About Fastaff® Travel Nursing:
More than two decades ago, Fastaff pioneered the practice of Rapid Response® travel nurse staffing. Since then, the company has grown to become the leading provider of urgent and crucial temporary registered nurses to help hospitals provide continuous, high-quality patient care, while offering premium pay to registered nurses. In partnering with many of the nation’s largest and most prestigious healthcare facilities as well as small community hospitals, Fastaff provides enriching employment opportunities to RNs while also providing the highest pay in the industry to meet acute staffing needs and provide unparalleled patient care.
Fastaff Travel Nursing is an equal employment opportunity employer. Fastaff’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Fastaff also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Fastaff’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
This premier academic children’s hospital located in New York is a premier facility that is nationally recognized for ground-breaking technology and high-quality patient care. This facility sees more than 8,500 infants, children and adolescents annually. With innovative and state-of-the-art care units and surgical conditions, this facility is sure to stand out on your resume. Recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the Best Children’s Hospitals, this facility boasts one of the busiest pediatric ambulatory programs in the country, serving over 150,000 children a year.
You will be working close to the city’s center, and can use public transportation to visit some of the best sightseeing, landmark visiting, and taste testing in New York. Spend time at classic sightseeing spots such as the Bronx Zoo, Central Park or the Statue of Liberty. Catch a baseball game at iconic Yankee Stadium, or train down to Little Italy for dinner. Whatever you set off to do, you’re bound to have a memorable time.