Travel Nurse Medical Surgical RN Day Shift Job - 128975
- Brooklyn, NYLocation
- April 26, 2021Assignment Start Date
- 13 WeeksDuration
- 48Hours Per Week
- 4,810Estimated Weekly Total
*** Due to the large need for nurses during the coronavirus outbreak, many of the nursing jobs listed below have flexible start dates and assignment lengths. Even if you are unable to start on the designated Start Date, please apply and discuss your availability with a Fastaff recruiter. ***
The Estimated Weekly Total is based on working the listed number hours per week and includes available stipend amounts; eligibility may vary subject to company policy and applicable law. Please contact a recruiter for full details.
Medical Surgical Travel Registered Nurse Job
Adult medical surgical RNs are responsible for managing the care of adult or elderly patients experiencing general medical conditions and surgical procedures. They develop an individualized nursing plan of care and provide patient/family education customized to the adult or elderly patient and his or her family needs.
Medical Surgical RN Qualifications:
- Active RN license in specified state
- RN degree from an accredited registered nurse program
- BLS required
- One year of recent experience as an RN in a medical surgical environment and two years of RN experience
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide safe and comprehensive nursing care according to state regulations, hospital policy and procedure, and Joint Commission standards
- Demonstrate understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis, and infection control procedures
- Operate and monitor equipment used to monitor and regulate the patient’s condition
- Assess the need for patient/family education
Benefits of Being a Fastaff® Travel Nursing Employee
- Premium pay
- Prestigious facilities
- Flexible scheduling
- Immediate access to the industry’s best RN recruiters and healthcare facilities
- Fastaff will provide costs for housing during the length of your assignment, as well as airfare or mileage to and from the city of the assignment at the start and end of the assignment.
- Group health insurance benefits
- $10,000 Company-paid Life/ADD Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
About Fastaff® Travel Nursing:
More than two decades ago, Fastaff pioneered the practice of Rapid Response® travel nurse staffing. Since then, the company has grown to become the leading provider of urgent and crucial temporary registered nurses to help hospitals provide continuous, high-quality patient care, while offering premium pay to registered nurses. In partnering with many of the nation’s largest and most prestigious healthcare facilities as well as small community hospitals, Fastaff provides enriching employment opportunities to RNs while also providing the highest pay in the industry to meet acute staffing needs and provide unparalleled patient care.
Fastaff Travel Nursing is an equal employment opportunity employer. Fastaff’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Fastaff also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Fastaff’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.