Travel Nurse Emergency Room RN Other Shift Job - 137659
- Newburgh, NYLocation
- December 7, 2021Assignment Start Date
- 13 WeeksDuration
- Other Shift
- 48Hours Per Week
- 5,484Estimated Weekly Total
- Vaccine RequiredCOVID-19 Learn More >
*** Due to the large need for nurses during the coronavirus outbreak, many of the nursing jobs listed below have flexible start dates and assignment lengths. Even if you are unable to start on the designated Start Date, please apply and discuss your availability with a Fastaff recruiter. ***
The Estimated Weekly Total is based on working the listed number hours per week and includes available stipend amounts; eligibility may vary subject to company policy and applicable law. Please contact a recruiter for full details.
Emergency Room (ER) Travel Registered Nurse Job
As an ER nurse, you will be responsible for assessing, intervening and stabilizing a variety of trauma and illnesses with decisive action. Due to the range of medical conditions that may require urgent treatment and care, you must be knowledgeable about general as well as specific health issues. The most important responsibility for an emergency medicine registered nurse is understanding triage, which is a method of prioritizing injuries based on medical need. You must have the ability to make quick and accurate assessments about incoming patients, including both physical and mental health conditions.
Emergency Room — ER — RN Qualifications:
- Active RN license in specified state
- RN degree from an accredited registered nurse program
- One year of recent experience as an RN in an emergency medicine environment and two years of RN experience
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS required (certifications may vary by location)
Emergency Room — ER — Registered Nurse Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the care of adult and/or pediatric patients experiencing life-threatening problems requiring complex assessment, high intensity therapies, and interventions
- Close communication with all members of the healthcare team, as well as the ability to independently recognize the need for early intervention
- Provide support, education and comfort to patients and their families during their emergency room experience
- Provide IV insertion, intubation, medicine administration, blood drawing, and many other medical procedures
- Prepare patients for surgery or diagnostic testing
Benefits of Being a Fastaff® Travel Nursing Employee
- Premium pay
- Prestigious facilities
- Flexible scheduling
- Immediate access to the industry’s best RN recruiters and healthcare facilities
- Fastaff will provide costs for housing during the length of your assignment, as well as airfare or mileage to and from the city of the assignment at the start and end of the assignment.
- Group health insurance benefits
- $10,000 Company-paid Life/ADD Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
About Fastaff® Travel Nursing:
More than two decades ago, Fastaff pioneered the practice of Rapid Response® travel nurse staffing. Since then, the company has grown to become the leading provider of urgent and crucial temporary registered nurses to help hospitals provide continuous, high-quality patient care, while offering premium pay to registered nurses. In partnering with many of the nation’s largest and most prestigious healthcare facilities as well as small community hospitals, Fastaff provides enriching employment opportunities to RNs while also providing the highest pay in the industry to meet acute staffing needs and provide unparalleled patient care.
Fastaff Travel Nursing is an equal employment opportunity employer. Fastaff’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Fastaff also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Fastaff’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.