- Location: Bronx, NY
- Start DateJuly 2, 2018
- Length: 8 weeks
- Hours48 hours per week
- Hourly Rate$48 ($72.00 OT)
- Weekly Pay: $2,496
The Projected Weekly Pay is based on a travel nurse working the stated number of hours listed here during the week. The weekly pay a nurse receives is calculated by multiplying the nurse’s hourly rate of pay by the number of hours the nurse works and will include overtime premiums, paid at a minimum of 1.5x the nurse’s hourly rate, for all overtime hours worked.
Emergency Room (ER) Travel Registered Nurse Job
As an ER nurse, you will be responsible for assessing, intervening and stabilizing a variety of trauma and illnesses with decisive action. Due to the range of medical conditions that may require urgent treatment and care, you must be knowledgeable about general as well as specific health issues. The most important responsibility for an emergency medicine registered nurse is understanding triage, which is a method of prioritizing injuries based on medical need. You must have the ability to make quick and accurate assessments about incoming patients, including both physical and mental health conditions.
Emergency Room — ER — RN Qualifications:
- Active RN license in specified state
- RN degree from an accredited registered nurse program
- One year of recent experience as an RN in an emergency medicine environment and two years of RN experience
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS required (certifications may vary by location)
Emergency Room — ER — Registered Nurse Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the care of adult and/or pediatric patients experiencing life-threatening problems requiring complex assessment, high intensity therapies, and interventions
- Close communication with all members of the healthcare team, as well as the ability to independently recognize the need for early intervention
- Provide support, education and comfort to patients and their families during their emergency room experience
- Provide IV insertion, intubation, medicine administration, blood drawing, and many other medical procedures
- Prepare patients for surgery or diagnostic testing
Benefits of Being a Fastaff® Travel Nursing Employee
- Premium pay
- Prestigious facilities
- Flexible scheduling
- Immediate access to the industry’s best RN recruiters and healthcare facilities
- Fastaff will provide costs for housing during the length of your assignment, as well as airfare or mileage to and from the city of the assignment at the start and end of the assignment.
- Group health insurance benefits
- $10,000 Company-paid Life/ADD Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
About Fastaff® Travel Nursing:
More than two decades ago, Fastaff pioneered the practice of Rapid Response® travel nurse staffing. Since then, the company has grown to become the leading provider of urgent and crucial temporary registered nurses to help hospitals provide continuous, high-quality patient care, while offering premium pay to registered nurses. In partnering with many of the nation’s largest and most prestigious healthcare facilities as well as small community hospitals, Fastaff provides enriching employment opportunities to RNs while also providing the highest pay in the industry to meet acute staffing needs and provide unparalleled patient care.
Fastaff® Travel Nursing is an equal opportunity employer.
Located in New York, this tertiary-care facility boasts over 350 beds and serves over 70,000 patients in the community per year. With a rich history of pioneering medical treatment for chronic illnesses, working for this facility will shine on your resume and allow you to grow as a medical professional. In addition to utilizing cutting-edge technology to provide the highest-quality care, this facility also serves as a 911 receiving center and harbors a level 2 trauma center.
You will be working close to the city’s center, and can use public transportation to visit some of the best sightseeing, landmark visiting, and taste testing in New York. Spend some time at some of the classic sightseeing spots such as the New York Botanical Gardens or see a game at the Yankee Stadium. Whatever you set off to do, you’re bound to have a memorable time.