If you apply for a new or renewed state license in New Jersey we will reimburse your endorsement fee* once you start an assignment with us in that state.
In order to be eligible, you must complete a New Jersey license application online through the New Jersey Board of Nursing website, then provide proof of receipt for reimbursement.
How to Apply For a New Jersey License
Licensure by Endorsement – New License
- Complete the RN Endorsement application online:
- Online Application.
- Application fee - $200.
- Send additional documents DIRECTLY to the NJ Board of Nursing:
- 2X2 passport photo taken within the past 6 months with your signature on the back of the photo.
- Copy of your birth certificate or U.S. passport.
- Proof of name change if your name differs from your birth certificate.
- Online license application receipt, signed at the bottom.
- Once the NJ Board of Nursing receives your license application, they will send you the background check information along with the fingerprint cards. Complete the process and mail your fingerprint cards along with the background check fee of $61.44 DIRECTLY to the NJ Board of Nursing.
- Verification of Licensure:
- You must provide verification of licensure from each state in which you have ever been licensed, current and expired.
- Complete a verification form for each state of licensure that does not participate in the NURSYS online verification system. Send directly to the appropriate board of nursing.
How to Apply For New Jersey License Reinstatement
You must have worked with Fastaff within the last 12 months to be eligible for reimbursement of a license renewal.
Complete the full application, to include:
- Certification for reinstating
- Authorization form for background check
- Employment certification
- Continuing education compliance form - 30 CEUs required
- 2x2 photo taken within the past six months - name printed on the back
$225 - $345 (fees based on each biennial cycle)
Applicants that completed the background check for a NJ license since November 2003 are not required to be fingerprinted again but must pay a service fee of $17.50 to perform another background check report.
Reimbursement by Fastaff:
You will be reimbursed for the reinstatement fees within three weeks. All receipts must be received by March 31, 2021 in order to be reimbursed. If you have never completed an assignment with Fastaff or U.S. Nursing, you must provide a W-9 form with your receipt to be reimbursed. Send proof of online payment, completed application or renewal receipts to your Fastaff recruiter. If you do not have a recruiter, call us at 800-736-8773.
You will be reimbursed within 6-8 weeks upon proof of payment. All receipts must be received by March 31, 2021 in order to be reimbursed.
Reimbursement and expenses paid includes the application fee, license verification and background check fees. Fastaff will not pay for postage, transcripts or coursework fees.